Texas Archery Indoor League (TAIL)
presented by Texas Archery Academy
World Archery competition format
Open to ALL shooters!
$15 Youth & Adult Division
2pm start, registration 1pm
Last Sunday of the month (Jan – Nov)
Dates for 2021: 1/31 2/28 3/28 4/25 5/30 6/27 7/25 8/29 9/26 10/31 11/28
TAIL END & TURKEY SHOOT are November, $30 entry
What is TAIL?
The Tournament League has been held the last Sunday of every month Jan – Nov, since 2011 by Texas Archery Academy.
Consists of 30 arrows (10 ends of 3 arrows), World Archery/USA Archery, Indoor event under tournament conditions. Event takes about 2 1/2 hours (1pm registration, 2pm start). Each TAIL offers USAA Star Pin awards based on your individual score and top score/performance recognition, these are awarded directly to participants by TXAA after each event.
This League has multiple purposes:
- To build recognition of the indoor shooting format considered the “Sport” of Archery by World Archery/USAA – therefore building financial sponsorship for future scholarships and earnings in Archery.
- The events provide consistent tournament experience – an application of a participant’s practice and a talent funnel.
- The events are an opportunity for Instructors/Coaches to test their students/teams.
- Individuals test their progress under tournament pressure for performance awards (USAA Star Achievement Pins). Similar to a “belt test” benefit in other martial arts. Also there are awards for those to continue participation with prize money each event and SOY league recognition, etc.
- The events provide a next level of competition segue and awards opportunity for the NASP audience.
- An opportunity for JOAD/AAA teams to compete regularly and network, includes a TEAM award recognition.
- Establish Shooter of the Year recognition.
30 arrows at 18 meters or 9 meters, depending on age (10 ends of 3 arrows).
Youth: Your age as of the beginning of the league, is the age group you shoot in all season.
Yeoman (9 or under), Bowman (10-12), Cub (13-14), Cadet (15-17) – NASP students may shoot in Barebow based on gender, and age (9 meters, for 9 and under, or 18 meters).Target is smaller and higher on bale.
Adults: Junior (18-20), Senior (21-49), Master (50+)
Equipment divisions of Barebow (no sights, includes NASP basic compound), Recurve (with sights), and Compound (with sights).
Target is scored 10-1 points on single face. Three target layout is scored 10-6
Each event is a “Pins Shoot”, individuals may qualify for USA Archery performance Star pins (described at end of page) based on score (one per TAIL shoot). USAA requires membership to receive White pin level and above. In addition, $50 prize is available to the highest score achieved in the three equipment styles each event.
During the league season, you are striving for your top 4 scores (120 arrows combined score) which may include the optional 30 arrow TAIL END season finale. The league culminates with Shooter of the Year (SOY) awards for each age bracket, by equipment and gender measured by best four scores achieved. Special awards are available for top Combined Score by an individual, and by a TEAM (best cumulative scores by top 5 team members combined).
TAIL END (Optional Season Finale, $30 entry fee)
Culmination of the Texas Archery Indoor League. For SOY awards you need 4 best scores (120 total) from the season, which may include the TAIL END 30 arrow score. In addition, your TAIL END score will seed you in our special “shoot off” event, the TURKEY SHOOT! Top 8 shooters from Barebow, Recurve-sights, and Compound-sights will separately compete for individual TOP TURKEY $CRATCH and medals.
$500 pot/style, split 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%
TAIL END is an open event to all shooters regardless of prior league season participation. The shooters are paired by seed (8 against 1, etc), shoot 3 arrow end, best score wins advancement, loser steps out!
What it the Achievement Program?
The Achievement program follows all USA Archery guidelines. Details are available on the USA archery web site, along with the youth and adult scoring matrix. Both youth and adults can earn Star Pins for scoring achievements. Each Star Pin is a different color, and each has a successive number of stars on it to represent the increasing challenge in earning that particular award pin. To progress through the achievement program, the archer must earn each pin level in consecutive order, starting with the Green Star pin. Only one pin may be earned per event. The archer must shoot each pin individually, as a separate scoring session. To receive White pin or greater you must be a USA Archery member, membership number is required.
INDIVIDUAL “PINS” competition
1) TAIL shoots serve as an official USA Archery Star Pin achievement testing and skill evaluation competition for JOAD & AAA programs (see award pins below, must be enrolled in USA Archery program to receive White pin or higher). You compete against yourself to earn your next Star Pin award.
USA Archery Achievement “Star Pins” for JOAD and AAA:
(JOAD level USA Archery Star Pins)
(AAA level USA Archery Star Pins)
ARCHERS QUEST RANKS
In addition to using your score for USA Archery pins, you may use your 30 arrow scores for ARCHERS QUEST rank advancements. Go to www.ArchersQuest.info to enroll (FREE). The shooting score is only one part of the rank advancement requirements.