NOW ACCEPTING MEMBERSHIPS FOR SAN ANTONIO!
Membership is in Texans Archery Club. The club sponsors the Texas Archery Academy as our community outreach – to make Archery accessible. This is not a retail business, but a non-profit club. Membership includes all indoor and outdoor ranges, including Shooters’ Club locations (24 hour access).
All members are asked to volunteer at least an hour each year in the service of the club or archery community. NEW members pay $30 initiation fee (new member swag and access id) and are scheduled for one range duty shift to help them meet other club members, get introduced to our facilities, and appreciate the value of our community outreach. We are looking for stable membership willing to help archery grow and contribute to it’s sustainability.
Texans Archery Club membership:
(Dues are paid annually, there are NO range fees, and FREE loaner equipment)
Adult (18yrs+) is $120/yr – red membership card.
Coming June 2017 – A parent may apply for a membership for their child, without requiring a family membership – a Junior membership (under 18yrs) is $120/yr – blue membership card. (the minor will be allowed to use ranges only under the immediate supervision of the parent, or a registered instructor during official team practices/private lessons. The parent only will be given code for any after hour access. If minor is 16yrs+ they may use the Plano indoor range during public hours without supervision. Minor is required to participate in a registered NASP/JOAD team hosted by Texans Archery Club, includes participation and service requirement). Parental contract available for review via Clint@TexasArchery.info
Family membership is $240/yr – green membership card. (includes two adults and any children under 18yrs who live in the same household).
Junior memberships are no longer available – in anticipation of extending membership access to 24 hours.
Membership privileges and requirements:
- Membership includes no cost for range fees at multiple archery property venues (Ranges) under the management of Texans Archery Club/Texas Archery Academy. This includes outdoors and indoors, and future range venues to be added around the state. Access to our Shooters Clubs (24hr access) is granted to an adult member only. Any minors in a family membership would need to be with the parent.
- New members may shoot on the ranges after reviewing the Safety Video, receiving membership materials and Orientation at any of the TXAA indoor facilities, and signing up for a Range Duty Shift (to be performed within 30 days of joining).
- We have several ranges that members must qualify to access, may not have guest privileges, and are closed to the public. Each location has posted operating hours and rules.
- Membership also includes no cost loaner equipment at our indoor ranges.
- Only Adult and Family memberships may use the ranges. All minors are required to be in the company of a parent/guardian 18 years or older when at the ranges. Ages 16 and older may use the Texas Archery Academy indoor range unaccompanied by an adult, but no Shooters Clubs or outdoor ranges.
- Members may bring a guest to some of the ranges. Your guest is under your supervision, and responsibility – the discounted guest fee per shooter is $5 range fee, does not include equipment. Members and guests must sign in to the ranges each visit (for safety reasons). One guest per member, per visit please. No guests allowed in SHOOTERS CLUB locations
- All shooters will need to achieve “range certification” prior to access to some ranges – by shooting a proficiency test at 10 yards, or attending an Intro to Archery Class (free to new members) – this is the first step in a Learning Path we have to assist new member’s fundamental archery development.
TAC/TXAA does not assume any liability for you or anyone else on the ranges, please understand this and use common sense. Your application is your agreement of a Waiver of Liability. You will be required to observe all range safety rules as posted at the range or website.